I say often that being a doula is the most amazing thing I have ever done, short of birthing my own babies.
I get to watch laboring parents work with courage and love, and I help make sure that they feel safe, empowered, and loved themselves.
As a Certified Doula, I am committed to the highest standards of care for my families, meeting with each several times before the onset of birth, staying by their sides as they work with the labor process, and spending time after the birth to talk and process and celebrate together. I love fitting in seamlessly with medical caregivers to complete the circle of care for women as they work through one of the most impactful events of their lives.
- Labor Doula Training, Bastyr University, June 2013
- Completed certification through DONA, November 2014
- Powerful Prenatals, Big Belly Services, 2014
- Breastfeeding Basics, Big Belly Services, 2015
- Completed HypnoBabies training for doulas, May 2016
- Advanced Businesss Training from ProDoula, January 2017
- Certified as a Teacher/Mentor with The Better Baby Class, April 2017
- Completed Re-Certification through DONA, November 2017
- Trained with Spinning Babies, August 2018
- Postpartum Doula Training, Bastyr University, August 2019
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Perinatal Support Washington, August 2019
- Facilitator for “Love and Logic” parenting class, Jan-Feb 2021